Sunday, May 1, 2016

Oh the Places You'll Go: "Best Wishes!" from Your Teachers




  OH, THE PLACES YOU’LL GO
“ You have the brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose, You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”    -Dr. Seuss


Yes -- Dr. Seuss gives great advice, but so have our teachers. Here, we feature their messages -- just so you remember how important you are to them!

______________________________

To the class of 2016: As I see you during these past few days of school, I honestly don’t know whether to feel happy or sad knowing that this may be the last time that I will see you as I’ve always known you – young, carefree, and forever dreaming. As you enter the more complicated stage of adulthood, I can only hope that I played a tiny role in preparing each of you for it. I have always felt that my duty as your teacher goes far beyond me teaching you about healthcare. I want to thank each and every one of you for allowing me to be your “sometimes” parent, your teacher and your friend.

The joy that I feel in seeing you graduate on to another phase of your life is indescribable. Saying goodbye to some of you is extremely difficult; especially to those of you who made me part of your school family.

Ashleigh, Allison, Jem, Sarah, Madison, Bobbi, Makaila, Kaitlyn, Angel, Brindza, Jazmaree, Becky, Moneca, Mike, Jeri, Destinee, James, Brittany, Paige and Kierra:

One of my favorite memories will forever be your nurse aide classes. Sometimes I wonder how we made it! You were my first group of little Guinea pigs and you came through it with flying colors. You exceeded all of my expectations. I laugh when I think of us in the old LCCTC school van, holding the button in to make the radio play, the detachable rear view mirror, the horrible winter weather we had and our everyday adventures to Golden Hills. You have proven that you have so much potential. Some of you are continuing on with your education, some are starting to work. So whichever path you choose keep in mind that learning is a lifelong process so learn something new every day. Remember that "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." –C.S. Lewis.

I love you all, Ms. O
______________________________

Dear Seniors,

As you leave LCCTC, remember:

-A yellow bus won’t stop at your door to take you to work.
-There isn’t a cafeteria in most businesses so learn to pack your own lunch.
-Get some thicker skin, it may just be a joke.
-And for my Oil and Gas workers, during a blowout... RUN!!!
-There will be good and bad days, try to enjoy them for what they are worth.
-Wear sunscreen
-Don’t worry about the future; it will be here soon enough
-You can’t win the lottery if you don’t play
-Don’t take responsibility for granted
-At the end of the day, be sure you can look in the mirror and respect the person looking back.

So say the consult of Oil and Gas!

-Mr. Parsons

____________________________

Graduating Class of 2016:  The world needs young people who are passionate about their work and in helping others.  I hope you find success in a career that you enjoy and that leaves a positive impact on others.  Congratulations and best wishes to you!  

Ms. Renea Young
_____________________________

Cosmetology Seniors of 2016…I wish for you the most amazing and rewarding futures. I have enjoyed watching all of you grow into the mature, strong and beautiful young women you have become. Remember all of our hard work and dedication as we prepared for NOCTI’s and State Boards and how it paid off. Plan to use those skills in the future to achieve many more great things and opportunities. I will miss and remember all of you fondly in the years to come. I am a phone call away if you ever need me!
Love,
Mrs Cepro
________________________________

Congratulations class of 2016! Good luck on your future endeavors!
-Miss De Simone
____________________________

To Halle St. Clair:

I have known you since you were a little girl. It was my pleasure being your softball coach when you were a mere 8 years old. In my three years here, it has been my pleasure to watch you mature into a strong, young woman. You are a leader. You are a role model. You are an example for others to follow.

The future is yours! Good luck in your chosen path, I know you will do great!

Sincerely,

Mr. Len Rich
_____________________________


Good luck to the graduating class of 2016!
Seniors, just remember this...the more you learn the more you earn whether it be knowledge or wealth.   -Mrs. Haynes
_____________________________

Good luck and always follow Coles’ law (shredded cabbage with a lite mayo dressing)
 - dad A.K.A. Mr. Cole
_____________________________

Best of luck and congratulations to the COT seniors! I really enjoyed having all of you in shop and i wish nothing but the best in everything you do. May all your dreams come true and you achieve all of your goals in life.
Ms. Gabe
_____________________________

Congrats Seniors of 2016! You were today's learners now you are tomorrows providers. Take what you have learned here and apply it to being contributing members of society. The foundation has been set. Always remember where you came from. Impossible is NOTHING.
Mr. Pavia
_____________________________

Seniors! Don't look back something might be gaining on you!
T.O.
_____________________________

Welcome to the real world!
-Sperdute  
_____________________________

Bye Felicia!
-Mr. Orelli
_____________________________

Be careful out there! Use your head! People will take advantage of you, either on accident or on purpose! Trust but verify! I will miss the class of 2016! Especially ________ (Fill in the blank)!
 - Ms. Conder
_____________________________

Happy Trails!
- Ms. Peay
________________________________________________


Best wishes on all your future endeavors! Shoot for the stars!
- Mrs. Lynch
_________________________________________________

I will miss all of you! I leave you with this quote.

“Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph

Sincerely,
Mr. Neve

_______________________________________________

To the Class of 2016 -
            What a year this has been.  Some of you can’t wait to graduate and leave LCCTC; others sound like you would like to stick around for another year or so!  I don't blame you; I've been in this room at that desk for 35 wonderful years.  I'm on my 3rd teacher's chair!  

To the Peer Leadership members –
            Thank You for sharing your Senior year with me.  With Ms. Palumbo’s passing you asked me to help out – what an honor.  I know that Peer Leadership was different than you were accustomed to, but we did our best to maintain the standards and meet the expectations that Ms. Palumbo would have desired. 
With your encouragement, a scholarship fund in memory of Ms. Palumbo has been established to honor her years in education and her dedication to her students.  You created the guidelines that, once again, were greatly influenced by Ms. Palumbo. 
Friendships have arisen; respect for each other has grown.  We have accomplished numerous things - too many to list!  We have met most of our goals.  We have been busy.  Thanks to you, the Peer Leaders, in February I received the Pride and Promise Award.

            Once again, "Thank You" to the Peer Leaders for asking and allowing me into your lives.  You are dedicated, accepting, respectful and ideal representatives of LCCTC.  Many of you will be facing the real world in a few short weeks.  Life will be different – YOU can handle whatever comes your way – YOU will succeed.

Blessings,
D. Blank

___________________________________________________________________

To the Class of 2016:
A shout out to our beloved seniors! You have worked your tails off to get here, and congratulations are in order for a job well-done! Many people have dreamed of being where you are; however, when the fork in their road appeared, they took the path more traveled – but not you!

Life may not always be full of wagging tails and slobbering kisses, but it can be -- if you choose to look at the positive side of life. You will always have decisions to make, some as easy as “What do I want to eat?”  Others are more drastic. I had one of those life-changing decisions this year when I decided to become part of the LCCTC family. Although it was a difficult and huge decision, I wouldn’t change it for the world! I would never have been able to meet all you wonderful seniors who are going to make a positive impact on this world.

Reach for the stars, our young LCCTC minds. I’m here to tell you they ARE in reach no matter who tells you otherwise.



To Savannah and Kay:  Thank you for taking on the task of being my first year guinea pigs. You did a great job running in the wheel and being my sunshine on some cloudy days. You will both be missed greatly by me!

Love, 
Mrs. Yanak
______________________________________________________

Paul Beighley:  I will miss seeing your smiling face in my classroom.   You are a good person with a good heart.   Work hard and never stop learning. –Love, Mrs. Lyons

Maryanna Colwell:  Maryanna, what will math class be without you yelling out an answer.  You are a smart and talented girl.  Do wonderful things and make a difference in this world. – Love, Mrs. Lyons

Sierra Custer:  I have seen so much growth in you this year.  You have worked so hard and done so well.  I am so proud of you.  Keep trying and never give up. – Love Mrs. Lyons

Zackaray Gilbert:  Oh Zack, where do I begin?  I can’t imagine not getting the news from what I like to call, “The Gilbert Report”.   Keep working hard and trying your best!  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Cameron Martwinski:  I know that  you never believed graduation would arrive, but it’s here!  Believe in yourself always.   Make good choices and life will take you anywhere.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Anthony Nicolls:   Who is going to yell at me and tell me I am solving the math problems incorrectly?  I will miss you, Anthony.  Always be a good person and teach others with your kind heart.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

William Quigley:  Oh,  my dear Quigles!  You are such a hard worker and such a respectful young man.  I know you will be successful in all of your endeavors.  Never lose your goodness.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Ashlynn Ramsey:  I know you have only been here one year, but you have grown so much.  I am proud of your efforts and improvements in class.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Schylore Altenburg:  Schylore, I have given much thought to what I want to say to you….  Schylore, in the grand school of life, stay out of the halls!”  Make good choices and learn from all of life’s lessons.  Thank you for your attention and respect in class.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Cassie Battles:  You are a strong and resilient young woman.  I am so proud of you as you graduate into the next phase of your life.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Gage Booher:  I know you have the ability to become a good, hard-working young man.  Make good choices and choose an honest path.  I wish you all the best. Love, Mrs. Lyons

Shianne Breetz: How is it that you are graduating?  Your effort  and commitment to your grades is so commendable.  I am so proud of your hard work.  Believe in yourself.  Dream Big.  Follow your heart.  I know that you are destined to make a difference.   Love, Mrs. Lyons

Alex Gunde:  I am so proud of the young man you have become.   You are respectful and have a caring heart.  Don’t lose that when you are out in this crazy world.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Cameron Jones:  Cameron, stay focused and work hard.  You are a smart young man.  Use those smarts to find success.  Love, Mrs. Lyons
Anthony Kelly:   There is a new chapter beginning for you.  I wish your new chapter to bring you success and happiness.  Congrats!  Love, Mrs. Lyons
Jayvon Laster:  You have grown into a very respectful and hard-working  young man.  You have a strong mind and a work ethic to achieve all of you hopes and dreams.  I know you will do wonderful things.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Lesliann Liskooka:  Lesliann, I will miss you and your sense of humor so much.  You have always been a good student and a joy to have in class.  Pursue your dreams with confidence.   Mr. McFarland and I wish you all of the best in your future endeavors.  ;-)   Love, Mrs. Lyons

Mercedes Mitcheltree:    I am so happy to know that you are pursuing a career as a pre-school teacher.  I have tremendous confidence that your gentle spirit and kind heart will be a joy to all of your students.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Kiley Sarcinella:   I am so happy for you to reach the milestone of graduation.  I know how hard you have worked.  As you begin a new chapter, I wish you success and happiness.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Zachary Walters:  I know you are a smart young man with good values.  Hold those close as you enter the this world.  They will prove invaluable to you.  Congrats!  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Moneca White:  I am so proud of your success.  You work so hard both in and out of school.  Never lose that work ethic.  I know, as you continue with your path in the medical field, your patients are so lucky to have you.  Never give up!  Love, Mrs. Lyons

David Williamson:  I don’t know what is next for you, but I know you will find success.  You are a smart young man.  Make good choices.   Congrats.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Quinn Zak:  Quinn, thank you for your kindness and respect.    I hope the future brings you all that you wish.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Zack Custer:  So happy you were able to participate in the co-op program this year.  Congrats.  Wishing you continued job success.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Tommy Baker:  Your talent is extraordinary.  I know you will find success.  Congratulations!  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Brendan Procter:  Your class voted you most likely to become a millionaire.  I hope you achieve that success.  Good Luck!   Love Mrs. Lyons

Melody Johnjulio:  Congratulations!  I will miss seeing your smiling face.  Drem big and do wonderful things.  Love, Mrs. Lyons

Matt McConahy:  You made it!  You have no idea how happy I am for you.  Be strong and be safe in your next endeavor.  Congratulations!  Love, Mrs. Lyons



Chris Penwell:  Congratulations!  I am so happy that you are pursuing your dreams!  I hope someday you are a head chef and famous!  Love, Mrs. Lyons
_________________________________________

Dear Class of 2016,

People are going to say to you that they will always remember you and then say, “Don’t forget me!” 

For many of you that may be true. Others may want to forget. As for me,  I know that I will remember for the first time in many years, not only did I have you in tenth grade but then in 11th grade, too. You were certainly ready for me (but was I ready for you? J) and what a ride it was!

I see such promise in this class and your faces in these halls.  My fondest memories will be of LEAPS and SAVE students who have risen to every challenge I have given to you. Thank you for always having my back. Stacy, Marranda, Spenser, Robert, Branson, Melody, and Angel. Thanks for always keeping me on my toes!

  •  For the young men who always kept me on my toes—proclaiming I was your least favorite and yet visited me every chance you could during your senior year. I see you and appreciate you.
  • Shawn, Damian, Josh, Bailey, and Garrett: there was never much time for a dull moment. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your learning experiences. I will NEVER forget your names! ;)
  • For Kevin and Jake: I’m looking forward to meeting for lunch and seeing all of your accomplishments.
  • For Jeremiah: I love you. You make my heart hurt, I’m so proud of you!
  • Thank you to Nikki and Haley for sending me a smile, especially when I needed it. You have a gift for knowing when to lift others and you should always channel that toward others.
  • Allison and Angel: I look forward to watching you become young women of integrity, respect, and goodness. Embrace who you are as strong, young women.
  • James: I’m so glad to have you in my life! I will miss you most! You are the last of my devoted crew <3
  • And to Bryce: My son, I love you and when I look at you, I see your strength and compassion for others as a reflection of who we are. You have lifted me from places that I could not have survived without you. I will never take for granted your genuine devotion to me and love you, love you, love you.   My oh my, how you have grown! If someone had told me 22 years ago when I started at LCCTC that my children would attend here, I would have guessed no, and yet, here you are! Beyond the lessons that I know I have taught you about tolerance, being mannerly, accepting people’s differences, having empathy, and simply being a good friend, you have taught me lessons that are far more valuable. You have taught me that change can be good. Knowing how to overcome adversity is going to happen and I can do it. Best of all, you will always help me, even when things seem impossible.  You will make my sides hurt laughing at you and bring tears to my eyes of pure enjoyment. You will always laugh when I give animals voices J.  I love you, Bryce, and I have been in love with you for 18 years. You have been helping me get through difficult journeys for as long as you can remember and I believe that has made you into a stronger young man. You have been a pinnacle of strength and I appreciate every day that I am able to point to you and say, “Yeah…see that little goofball. He’s my son”. Congratulations, graduate!  Love, Mom 
There is promise attached to your lives when you choose to affect others, good and bad. That’s simply a fact. I hope when all of you self-reflect on your legacy at LCCTC, that your mark is of genuine respect and kindness. That you can look at your friendships and know that you are a genuine friend and will never be alone. That you stood against intolerance and learned how to truly accept others, even when it was difficult to do.  I hope that you will be blessed with your friends throughout your adult lives. Lastly, that you will take the opportunity to apologize to those you have wronged and forgive those who have wronged you. I hope that you all know that you are young enough to improve your lives: that you each have the abilities and skills to make a place for yourselves. I am very proud of you and wish you all the best,  

Miss. Clark