Thursday, December 17, 2015

Holiday Court/ Queen ~Skylar Harris

SOPHOMORE COURT:
Colleen Gasser is a fifteen-year old Veterinary student from Laurel. Collen loves to play softball and singing is her passion. She plans to further her education as a Veterinary Technician after high school. After being selected to represent her class on court, she replied, "It's the best feeling anyone could ever have. It makes me feel so good about myself; it is such an honor to represent my class."

Angel Kaszowsi is a fifteen-year old Cosmetology student from New Castle. Angel loves to hang out with her friends after school and practice her skills in her spare time. She plans to futher her education after high school but has yet to decide where. Angel explain her experience as,"It was such an honor to be voted onto court by the class of 2018."


JUNIOR COURT:

Kailynn Clayton is a sixteen-year old Health assistance student from Ellwood City. Kailynn works at her local Burger King and at Camp Allegheny. She plans to further her education and become someone who is successful in life. Kailynn told us about her experience,"It was really great! Something I truthfully will never forget. I was very surprised to  make it on court but am very thankful."

Joellen Cirelli is a seventeen-year old Veterinary student from Ellwood City. Joellen works at the Ellwood City Hospital as a Dietary Aid. She plans to further her education as a Veterinary Technician. We asked Joellen about her time in the light and she responded with,"I felt very honored to be on court and very happy that everyone voted for me."  


SENIOR COURT:

Samantha Amon is a seventeen-year old Computer Office Technology student from New Castle. Samantha works as a crew member at the Neshanock McDonalds. She plans to further her education to become a nurse but is still waiting for answers back (fingers--crossed!). We asked Samantha her thoughts about making it on court,"I was beyond amazed! I was so ecstatic that this was something I was able to experience for my senior year, and it brought me closer to the rest of the girls on court."

Allison Clingensmith is a seventeen-year old Health Assistance student from New Wilmington. Allison works as a nurse aide at our local Jameson Care Center. She plans to attend IUP for nursing in the fall 2016. Allison explained her experience as,"I felt loved. Even though I didn't win, I am so happy for my best friend Kayla, who won."


Madison Hansotte, a seventeen-year old Health Assistance student from New Castle, is a certified nurse aide at Shenago Presbytrian Senior Care. She plans to go on to college and to become a Registered Nurse. We asked Madison how she felt about being voted onto court, "How do I feel about being on court? ECSTATIC!"


Brittany Hawke is a eighteen-year old Collision Repair student from New Wilmington. Brittany works at Cox's Corner as a cook and cashier. She wants to become a insurance adjuster and plans to raise a loving family. Brittany was excited to tell us, "I'm proud of myself  and thankful for everyone who voted for me.  Even though I didn't win queen, I'm ecstatic that my best friend did."


QUEEN: "And the winner is....", pause, everything goes silent, everyone holds their breath, the nail biting suspense has everyone dying to know who the winner is: "Miss. KAYLA BAKER!"


Say hello everyone to your 2015 Holiday Court Queen Bee! Ms. Kayla Baker; she is a seventeen-year old Cosmetology student from Union. Kayla works as a childcare provider at O'Conner's Family Daycare.  She will attend IUP in the fall of 2016 to major in Sociology and minor in Criminology. She is a second-year member of the Opening and Closing team. When we asked Kayla how she felt about making it on court, she replied, "Ecstatic!  When I was on it last year, I was so excited and happy!  I felt like I was walking on air!"