Friday, December 18, 2015

Gift Guide ~ Kaitlyn Wright/ Makaila Holsinger

As the holiday season creeps closer and closer, the anxiety of what to get your best friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, or family begins to peak, so I went around the school to ask students what they would consider a good gift for this holiday season!


"What makes girls happy?" was a question I was asked by my boyfriend while he was shopping for me for Christmas. My answer was this: I like warm, cuddly, fuzzy, warm things like fuzzy socks or maybe even a comfy sweater. Of course, a gift giver can never go wrong with make-up, jewelry, or perfume.


My next question: "What do I buy for a guy?" My boyfriend may be difficult to buy for, but I have a few ideas; he likes to hunt, fish, and play video games, so maybe he'd like a video game that combines these hobbies! He also likes to watch sports on TV so, maybe a new jersey for him. You can't go wrong with cologne or bath wash -- I wonder if that's a gift for him, or would I benefit more from spending time with someone who doesn't smell like deer scent?


You may be pressured to spend a lot of money, so just keep in mind that it is the thought that counts. If you don't have much money, write your loved one a poem. If you you play guitar, write a song. It'll mean a lot more than you think! OR -- simply spend time together enjoying a bowl of popcorn and a Christmas show (check out ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas).


"Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values." -Thomas S. Monson