Friday, September 18, 2015

Meet the Teacher: Mrs. O'Donnell by Jeralynn DeNome


"God never gives you anything you can't handle." For her Health Assistant students, this quote epitomizes the strength of this teacher.
As a graduate at Lincoln High School, she studied at Indiana State University of Pittsburgh and completed 4 years at Duquesne University to earn her bachelor’s in nursing.
Before working at Pittsburgh Children's Hospital, she worked at HealthAmerica, at the Ellwood City Hospital, and for Dr. DiBiagio.
Her 18 year-old daughter Megan could be her twin. "It is because of my love for the students," Mrs. O'Donnell beams, "that I love my job here at LCCTC." When Ms. O’Donnell is not in school teaching her Health Assistant students Nurse Aide, you may catch her working at her own furniture store.
In her free time you might find her cooking up lobster -- her favorite food, reading a book, or watching Seinfeld. Whenever she is in her car, she is rocking out to her favorite country music -- particularly Sam Hunt.
In response to the question "Nobody would believe me if I told them that I..." Ms. O’Donnell replied, "Nobody would believe me if I told them that I am deathly afraid of heights." What she doesn’t realize is that we put her high up on a pedestal in our hearts.




~~~

Upon graduation, senior Health Assistant student, Jeralyn DeNomeplans to continue her education in the health field. She looks forward to becoming a Registered Nurse, but for now, she enjoys her co-op job working as a Certified Nurse Aid at the Jameson Care Center in Neshannock Township.