Thursday, September 24, 2015

For Freedom ~ Makaila Holsinger and Matt Tataseo











“If you’re not making someone else’s life better, you’re wasting your time.” ~ Will Smith 





Lawrence County CTC supports its seniors -- especially those who have already taken the steps to serve our country in the military! Six from LCCTCs Class of 2016 have been sworn into our country's Armed Forces. These six include Robert Bird (CT), Dalton Dilling (MT), Damian Gajewski (MT), Devin Marshall (CT), Jem Montgomery (HA), and Matthew Tataseo (Mas). 

Why did you select your branch? Marshall responded, "I joined the Army, and I'm glad -- it's fun!" "The Marines," Tataseo touted, "Are the first ones in and the last ones out." 

"I wanted to take what I have learned in Health Assistance," stated Montgomery, "and apply it to helping my fellow servicemen and women. I joined the Navy not only to serve my country; I joined to better my country and to better myself." 
Bobby Bird 

Bird, the most recent to enlist in the Marine Corps, proudly posted on FaceBook that "freedom is what you're born with in America; joining the military is paying back those who died for your freedom." 

With a moment to collect herself, Dilling replied "I joined the Army because John couldn't." Many will remember John Durnell, MT: Class of 2015, who passed away during the summer before his senior year. John was a patriot at heart and planned to join the Army. 
Dalton Dilling

When many of his friends were basking in the summer sun, Gajewski chose to complete Army boot camp over the summer. "The hardest thing," he reports, "is the ruck march marches." 
Damion Gajewski

Montgomery considers that "being separated from family will also be tough, but I'm ready to serve my country. I may appreciate 'home' even more when I return." 

As for future plans, all can see a military career in their future, but regardless of their time spent, they are all proud to take this step for their futures. LCCTC wishes these students who serve for freedom our very best. 


~~~


"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot,"  Marilyn Monrow 

Makaila Holsinger, expert selfie stick aficionado, studies Health Assistant and has recently landed a job working at Jameson Place in Neshannock Township.  Makaila is a trained Peer Leader, National Honor Society,  ROVA, and SkillsUSA.  When she's not snapping pictures, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, particularly her little brother.  When Makaila graduates, she plans to attend nursing school and become a RN.  
~~~
 Matt Tataseo, Masonry senior, enjoys being a part of the journalism class -- especially the research.  When he's not practicing his trade, he can often be seen with a stack of books from the library!  Upon graduation, he will serve our country in the Marine Corps.