Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Why I Chose LCCTC? ~ Rachel Black

Why did the Class of 2019 choose LCCTC?  Why did so many left their comfortable bubble to a situation where their comfort zone was pushed to the boundaries, and why they chose the shop they did?


Sierra Knight, a sophomore from Cosmetology explained that she wanted a new beginning and thought LCCTC would be a great experience. The reason she chose cosmetology was this:  “As a kid, I would do hair and nails.  My shop perfectly fits my interests and my personality!”


Tabytha McConahy, another sophomore who is in commercial arts stated that she left her old school because she is really into art, so she felt like commercial art would be a perfect fit. Tabytha had comments, “I had been drawing since I was a little kid. It had always been something I could turn to when the world around me was burning down.”  Not only is she able to develop her artistic abilities; she has also found a sense of purpose and a tight-night group of friends who appreciate her for who she is.

"I chose LCCTC to better myself," considers Dayuna Reitenauer. "I wasn't doing to well in my home school;  I got into a lot of drama, people bullying, and I was sometimes in the wrong place at the wrong time. I knew that it was time for a new start. Coming to LCCTC changed me for the better; I feel much brighter, I'm learning a lot, and I am much more determined to succeed."
Ireland Mattocks said that once she left her home school, she was now able to relate to many people here at LCCTC. Ireland originally had chosen Computer Office Technology because she was really  good with computers, but she discovered that it wasn’t her passion; she then transferred to Cosmetology, which has been a perfect fit for her. "It feels great getting to learn something new and important every day!"


As my final interview I figured I would explain as to why I came to LCCTC. I wanted a new beginning from my old school. I wanted a place to fit in at and this seemed like the perfect place. I went into Computer and Office Technology so I could learn basic computer skills.

All who were interviewed said they wanted some sort of new beginning. This school is an opportunity to start a new, a fresh start, a reason to become a new person. That is exactly what our LCCTC sophomores did by coming here; they accepted that chance at a new beginning.