Saturday, May 13, 2017

My Season to Bloom ~ Macheala Nail

In ninth grade, I felt lost; I was bullied, and I hated myself more than anyone could ever understand.  I knew I needed to make a change because it was making me miserable, and I’d never better myself by staying there. With that in mind, I decided to transfer to LCCTC to study Health Assistance; this stems from my desire to help people and, more importantly, to help children; LCCTC has granted me the ability to do so. I had my whole life ahead of me, I wished for a better life, and I got it.

9th Grade Macheala
Today, I am a senior in high school who has been accepted to BC3 for their nursing program and will begin my studies next fall.  I have worked hard and am still working hard to get where I am at in life.  I had doubts in the past where I wasn’t sure how I was going to accomplish what I wanted with my life or how my future would unfold.  While I felt lonely in ninth grade and for a while when I got to LCCTC, that soon changed; I now have a direct care staff, my amazing friends, and teachers.  Things got much better; I became stronger with the help of SkillsUSA, Peer Leadership, and my friends who make feel loved, appreciated, and accepted.  LCCTC became my home away from home, and, when I walk across the stage in June, I’m going to dearly miss the connections I’ve made.
Macheala, radient for her senior prom, posing with
her friend, Lacey Lopes