Monday, March 6, 2017

Shooting for Success ~ Gemma Gatto

After a state qualifying tournament against Portersville Christian School and Bishop Carroll on January 27th, LCCTC'S very own archery team has made it to states. The team will be traveling to Penn State on March 10th.  

What do the LCCTC Eagle Archers like about the sport?  Wesley Davis, sophomore student studying Collision Repair likes the "way it challenges my ability to concentrate."  He goes on to say, "I like meeting new people and pushing myself to do my very best."  



Isaiah says, "It's different than the typical sports at our home schools, but I like that it's competitive, and it's a lot of fun."  

"Archery is a great sport," states Austin Campbell, Construction Trades 10.  "I love being a part of something that gives me the opportunity to learn and grow."

James considers the sport and says, "I love the relaxing, friendly competition."

Tyler tells us, "It is a new sport for me.  I like that I can learn something different, and it's a lot of fun!"

And what about the actual competition?  What are our archers looking forward to?  Gemma Gatto wants to hold on to each moment; "I want to make memories."

"If it's possible," recalls Troy, "I want to have even more fun than last year!" 


"While the competition is fun," Jackson says, "I get a chance to know people I wouldn't usually get to know; I can make new friends."

When asked about their chances at a state medal, last year's members had a lot to say:  "I'm going to think positively," beams Felicity.  "I can't wait for us to win!"


Jackson admits that the team is pretty competitive.  "I can't wait to go to Penn State and do my best to represent LCCTC." 

"I believe that if we work hard," considers Earl, "we can bring home gold."

"We all want to win this tournament," says Troy; as a senior, it's his final chance to really hit the mark with this team.

What can we do to help the team?  Matt Hawkins has a simple answer:  "Wish us the best of luck as we shoot for success!"


If you see our Eagle Archers, congratulate them and wish them the best of luck!
  • James Barges, 10, CT 
  • Jabreal Blacksheer, 12, Cos 
  • Austin Campbell, 10, EO 
  • Dustin Crowley, 12, EO 
  • Ethan Caylor, 12, Mas 
  • Wesley Davies, 11 CR 
  • Tyler Donofrio, 11, RT 
  • Dominic Dudo, 12, CT 
  • Jason Ealy, 10, AT 
  • Gemma Gatto, 12, HA 
  • Earl Gravatt, 11, HA 
  • Caleb Grimm, 10, Wel 
  • Haileigh Sue Hawk, 11, Cos 
  • Jackson Hawkins, 11, CT 
  • Matt Hawkins, 12, HA 
  • Ben Junkin, 12, OG 
  • Kyana Lambright, 11, CA 
  • Tyler Karanbauer, 11, CT 
  • Felicity Merlini, 11, HA 
  • Logan Michaels, 12, CT 
  • Isaiah Paniaguqa, 12, HA 
  • Alexandria Radwanski, 11, VA 
  • Christian Seinkener, 10, AT 
  • Troy Silver, 12, Mas