Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Honor in Skill and Knowledge ~ Damian Quimby

“It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.” (Niccolo Machiavelli).


My participation in both SkillsUSA and National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) has enhanced my personal and professional development; I have become a better student -- a better professional.


Excellence in career and technical education means that even in a career-based education, an equal combination of skill and academics is imperative. It is a perfect blend of technical and scholastic learning to achieve critical thinking skills found in everyday life.
Both clubs help me strive to be my very best. SkillsUSA helps me strive to become outstanding in my technical area with the the challenging aspect of competition. NTHS encourages me to be the best that I can be in my academic courses so that I can maintain my standing in the club. The two combined will help me in my pursuit in the technological field.


Competition in SkillsUSA teaches me to compete in life. It teaches me to produce the best possible product for a company.One of the most prominent moments for me was the NTHS induction ceremony.  With the lighting of each of the colors, I now understand my value and worth in the world; it taught me that I will always need to be honest and truthful with everyone, and it encouraged me to achieve each career and academic goal, and hold them with honor.  
Because of my participation in both organizations,  my skills have skyrocketed; my academic achievement has amplified.


“I believe that my education is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me.
I will never stop learning, and understand that library cards are free.”
~Mike Rowe