Monday, November 16, 2015

Thank a Serviceman or Woman

When many of us see a man or woman in uniform or a veteran proudly proclaiming their service on an article of clothing many of us can barely muster a simple thank you before a tear of gratitude falls down our cheek. It's hard to utter even a simple "Thank you for your service," but...


If you could thank a serviceman or woman, what would you say?

“I would thank my Uncle Steve. He served in World War II. He lost an eye and wound up with various other ailments from the war. If it hadn't been for him fighting in this war, perhaps we would be under the rule of an evil tyrant! Thank you Uncle Steve. I appreciate all of the service you have provided.” – Mrs. Pasterik

“Your sacrifice doesn't go unnoticed and thank you for your service.” – Mr. Barker

“Thank you for your service and prayers for your continued safety.” - Mrs. Lynch

“Bless you for your service to our country. We are so lucky that there are people like you in the world.” – Mrs. Lyons

“I have never had the courage to serve in the military so I always feel an incredible sense of pride when I see a man or woman in uniform. I respect the pride their families have for them while they are away. I appreciate the sacrifices they make, the honor they deserve, and the unending thanks we owe to all who serve. As many have said in the past, our servicemen are the people who continually earn our freedom. God bless them all.” – Miss Clark

“Thank you for your bravery.” – Mrs. Yanak

“Thank you for your courage, commitment, sacrifice, integrity and patriotism. You are a role model for all of us!” – Mrs. Gettings

“Thank you for putting service to our nation above personal freedom. Take advantage of all the military has to offer: education, training and all the fun things the military offers on base. Your discipline will be rewarded.” – Mrs. Conder

“I would like to thank my dad. He is the bravest person I have ever met. He sacrificed so much, two years of his life in the jungles of Vietnam. He lost friends, contracted illness, and endured things at a young age that most people don't have to endure in a lifetime. For this and so much more he is my hero.” – Mrs. Heasley

“Thank you for serving our country and putting your life on the line.” - Isaac Buckley

“God Bless you and your family, and thank you for your service.” - Brendan Procter

“With having family members who have served in the United States Marine Corps, thank you to ALL men and women who protect this country.” - Marie Beahr

“Thank you for everything you have done for our country. You sacrificed your life fighting for our rights.” - Alize Mitchell

“Thank you. We are able to live our lives because of your service.” - Mr. Leonard Rich

“You are all doing a great job. Thank you for all you have done.” - Sierra Jones

“Thank you for risking your life for me and my family.” - Kylie Smith

“Thank you for risking your lives to save ours.” - Jenna Locke

“Thank you for all you’ve done for us. I appreciate that you went through the trouble of protecting this country” - Elisabeth KoeMiller

“Thank you for all the service and protection you gave us.” - QueaVaughn Napier

“Thank you for providing your service and defending our country.” - Hallie Joyce

“Thank you for your service, and God bless you.” - Macheala Nail

“Thank you for being my heroes. We will never forget what you’ve done.” - Aunonseeis Shirley

“Thank you for standing up and doing what others could not. Thank you for your bravery.” - Charlynn Todd

“Thank you for being brave, supporting us, and keeping us safe. It means the world to us.” - Halle St. Clair

“Thank you for risking your life to make sure I can live mine.” - Allison Clingensmith

“You are brave for what you’ve done, and I want to thank you for that.” - Lacey Lopes

“Thank you for your kindness and service. You make a difference everyday.” - Alexis Kestle

“Thank you for having the bravery that saved us all.” - Kayla Baker

“Thank you for the freedom.” - Paul Baglier

“Thank you. It takes a lot of bravery to do what you do.” - Asia Anderson

“Thank you for protecting and honoring our country.” - Rebekah Shoaf

“Thank you for helping me and mentoring me for everything I was taught.” - Louis Slavic

“I thank you for everything you do. I owe my life to every one of you for risking your life for mine.” - Sam Bollinger

“I thank you for putting your life on the line every day, just so I can be free and do the things I do.” -Beary Mulbauer

“Thank you for giving the ultimate sacrifice so I can continue living my everyday life.” -Mikale Shoaff