Friday, September 23, 2016

Sign up for SkillsUSA

SkillsUSA is a national organization serving teachers and students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled, and service occupations.  As a member of this organization, you will learn skills that are needed to succeed for life: technical skills, academic skills and employability skills. In addition, career and technical education helps students see how what they’re learning applies to the needs of employers.

Why is it so fun?  Just see what last year's SkillsUSA members had to say:  
  • "I liked being able to work with my shop to help me learn more.  I also enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends.  In the end, being a member of SkillsUSA empowers me to chase my dreams and further my education after I graduate.  I can't wait to sign up again."  ~ Macheala Nail
  • "SkillsUSA is a lot of fun!  When I went to state competition in Hershey over the last two years, I loved every moment; I met so many other people from all over the state, and here at our school, I feel I have made so many new friends -- even outside of my shop!"  ~ Ethan Bobic.
  • "Being a part of SkillsUSA has been so amazing; it's hard to comprehend.  I've been in the organization for only a year, but I know I have memories that will last a lifetime.  I'm glad I have the chance for another amazing year to make even more incredible memories." ~ Jacob Troutman
  • "Skills is love.  Skills is life."  ~ Jenna Locke
Are you interested in joining SkillsUSA for the 2016/2017 school year?  See Mrs. Weisenstein or Mr. Goebel to get your registration paper.  You will become an official member and will be included on the activity period roster when your registration form and dues ($15 for local, state, and national dues) are turned in.  

Join SkillsUSA today!  It's a lot of work -- but it's a labor of love.