Thursday, June 1, 2017

SWPB: Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Trip ~ Shelby Leasure

"You went to a baseball game?  ...a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game?  
..during school?  ...and your school took you?  How does THAT work?"



Senior, Shelby Leasure -- Health Assistant originally from 

Wilmington Area School District, has the answer:  


As a high school student, I know how hard it is for kids to always be on our best behavior, we are teenagers, after all!  This year, I was allowed to attend a Student Wide Positive Behavior (SWPB) trip  on May 31st to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play. Every student with zero disciplinary actions and compliance with the attendance rules was invited to attend the game; ninety-eight went!  

All of the teachers and staff who went were highly involved; this certainly helped because many of us had never been to a major league game let alone an event like this.  They cheered on with us, interacted with us.  

The view at the game was great, and spending time with such amazing friends was such an experience! 

It was an amazing time, and I loved the reward and recognition we got for working so hard!  It makes me want to make good choices so that I can have more SWPB opportunities for additional events like this!  Thanks LCCCTC!  It's good to be good!



On the way to have a really fun day!
In front of the Willie Stargell statue
"I believe it's very amazing to get the opportunity for events
like a Pirate game.  Not everyone gets a chance to do
something like this, so it's really nice to be able to attend
something like this with our school.  It makes me feel pretty
special." ~ Cassie Evans 
"It was really fun & going with the group made it better ! The hats
were nice as well!' ~ Krystal Vogel
"I had a great time hanging out with my
friends and classmates. I know I had a
 great time, and if given a chance,
I would do it again." ~ Brandy Linonis
The fountains outside of PNC are so peaceful!
Pittsburgh's beautiful skylines and bridges
"I love the school trips so much. It was a really good day that all of
my friends and I got to spend time together and watch the game. We
 had a lot of fun taking pictures by the water and walking around
before the game."  Jamielyn Liskooka
Muscles!
Making memories!
Ready for lots of fun!
Picture perfect!
Lots of selfie fun!
We're ready to go to see the game!

Heading in for a great time!
Let's go Bucs!
It's a great day for a game!

It's "hat night" at PNC Park!

Hit a home run to these fans!
A great day for a great game!
They had was a A-okay time!
Thanks LCCTC staff for supporting us for
this SWPB event!  We appreciate it!