Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Meet the Eagle Staff 2016-2017


Journalism Class

Hello. My name is Gemma Gatto, Originally from Lincoln High School in Ellwood City. I am now a seventeen year-old senior and in my third year at Lawrence County Career and Technical Center.



During my time at this school, I have earned my Certified Nursing Assistance certificate. This has given me the opportunity to work as a CNA for four days a week at the Haven Nursing Home after school. It is also helping me go on part time co-op this year.


Upon graduation, I will attend college to further my studies in the nursing field.



Even though school and work are important to me, I spend my weekends and Wednesday nights traveling the state with my shotgun, competing in competitive sporting clays tournaments. This sport has given me so many opportunities and has helped me to better myself in so many ways.



These three simple things have made me the outgoing, happy, loving teenager that I am today.

_____________________________________________

Damian Quimby, a COT senior, has been involved in LCCTC for three years and has earned certifications in IC3 and  Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel in his shop. This year COT has received Microsoft Office Suite 2016, so his plans are to add these certifications to his arsenal, as well.
After he graduates high school, he plans to got to college to study either Information Technology or Computer Forensics.

When he is not on his computer that he built himself, he enjoys hanging out with friends and enjoying  life.
______________________________________________

Kalley McClure is a senior in the collision repair program offered at LCCTC. 

She has been a student there for almost 3 years and will be relieved to graduate this school year. 


Next fall, she is hoping to attend Nyack College as a major in criminal justice. 


Her hobbies include: reading, drawing, and listening to music like it's her oxygen. 


When she isn't home reading a good book, she's probably at her church which is where she seems to spend most of her time.

_____________________________________

Journalism Club

Hello, my name is Aunononseeis Shirley. I am 17 years old. I am from Ellwood City.

I’m the girl that tends to keep to herself. Who would rather cook than be with people. But will always have your back no matter what.  I love to read, write, help others, hike, learn new things, and many more.
Coming to LCCTC wasn’t much of choice but more like my fate.  When I got here, two years ago, I was a shy, keep to myself kind of girl and I didn’t care about school or shop.  

This year, it's different. I am working so hard to get honor roll and to make everyone proud. And I am actually liking this year.

The new shop teacher is very good and helpful. I don’t think I could learned this much in shop without her help. I love working with Ms.Price.

If anyone asked what I thought of this school and how I changed since being here, I would have to make a list because coming here changed me and made me a better person. This school is more than a school; it can be a family if you let it.
__________________________________

Harley Barnwell is a 16 year-old sophomore from New Castle High School. It is her first year at Lawrence County Career and Technical Center, and she is proud to be in the Class of 2019.

Harley is studying to be a Health Assistant and recommends this shop to everyone interested in helping others. Upon graduation, she plans to continue her studies in college. In addition to the journalism club, she participates in independent arts. She wishes everyone at LCCTC the very best and hopes that her student body is able to achieve their dreams in the career of their choice.

_________________________________

When Health Assistance junior, Brandee D’Ambrosi, isn’t wearing her scrubs and paying attention in class, you could either find her singing on a stage somewhere or in her room writing stories for her job.
Brandee enjoys a lot of activities, but her favorites are singing, playing her many instruments, writing, and reading a great book.

After graduation, Brandee plans to attend Bloomsburg University to study Pre-Medical Sciences.
_________________________________

Anyone interested in joining the Eagle staff should see Ms. McVicker in room 101 or Mrs. Lynch in the guidance office.