Monday, April 23, 2018

TFiM Career Exploration Conference ~ LCCTC Staff


The Future is Mine Career Exploration Conference in Pittsburgh
Pictured are: Lisa Heasley, Madison Mellott, Lauren Robison,
Alyssa Graham, Paige Lane, Abbie Priscilla, Ethan Masajada,
Angelia McCormick, Brittany Fewox, Angel Kaszowski,
Alaina DeLuca, Claire Brandes, and Jodi Cepro

The Future is Mine, went to Pittsburgh April 19-20. While there students toured various businesses and work sites. Included in the tours were; Google, I Heart Media, Dollar Bank, Allegheny County Courthouse, and others. 

"I was able to tour I Heart Media," stated Ethan M, senior CA from New Castle.  "I learned that my goals are much more than a pipe dream; this is a viable career I can have in the future."

Students also attended a college fair and visited the Heinz History Center. 

The second day students had breakout sessions on a variety of topics geared towards getting students ready to enter college or start their careers. Our LCCTC student actually had the opportunity to present a breakout session of their own focused on career exploration.