Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Last Holiday Dance ~ by Shelby Leasure

As a senior, I will cherish the memories of high school with me forever. I am overwhelmed with emotion as I come to the realization that recently, I attended my last LCCTC holiday dance.

I remember my first holiday dance as a sophomore. I could never forget the amazing time I had dancing with all of the friends I had met that year. On Friday, December 8th, I danced crazily with my friends in the cafeteria for the last time. This year, I dressed myself in heels and blinging jewelry for my last holiday dance. It is bittersweet… Both bitter AND sweet.

This year, the dance was one I will always remember. The food was spectacular. The desserts were tasty, and the best part was the Make-Your-Own hot chocolate table! The DJ from the Budai DJ “Empire” played awesome music, as usual. The most exciting part of my night though, was the crowning of not one, but TWO Holiday Queens!

If there is any advice I could give to underclassmen, it is this:  Enjoy everything while you can. Enjoy the dances, and have a wild time (within reason, of course) while you have the chance. Volunteer as much as you can. Join all the clubs you can, and reach to achieve all that you can. Your high school years are shorter than you think, live them wisely and fully.