Saturday, February 25, 2017

Lockers Inspire

You drag yourself to your locker...it's the morning.  You have a long day of classes and your mind is cluttered with visions of note-taking, group work, and assessments ahead of you -- not to mention all that's going on at home.  That last taste of your breakfast muffin isn't quite helping you to wake up.  Suddenly, you look up...

What?  

What's this?  

What is on the lockers?  

What is on MY locker?  

What does it say?  

Thanks to Mrs. Pasterik and the Peer Leaders, you have been greeted this morning with a sparkle of happiness.  Phrases like "If you can dream it, you can achieve it!" and "You are somebody's reason to smile!" have been written on hundreds of sticky notes and they dot the lockers up and down the hallways.  Reminders like "Stay golden!" and "Love yourself!" light up smiles on a grey February day.  

Peer Leaders -- this is what we think about your efforts:  

  • "These messages on the lockers are an awesome way to start my day.  They are cute!  Some really need these messages because sometimes, there has been no one to remind them that they are loved."  ~ Makenna B.
  • "The notes on the lockers are a bit cheesy, but in a good way.  They really made my day." ~ Shay S.
  • "I saw that these positive messages helped people who had a rough start to their day."  ~ David McK.
  • "I loved my sticky note because it told me that 'I am awesome.'  That really made me smile, and I needed that reminder." ~ Alexis L.
  • "When I came to school this morning, I was already in a bad mood.  After seeing 'You're going to have a great day' on my locker, I couldn't help but smile.  And you know what -- so far, it IS a great day!"  Brandee D.
  • "When I say my note, it was simple -- I felt happy."  ~ Kaitlyn H.
  • "'Be happy,' mine said, and I honestly love it.  It DID make me happy, and I really needed that today."  ~ Linzy M.
  • "It was a very nice message, and it helped me to have a good Friday -- even though I was in school on a sunny 74 degree day in February."  ~ Jacob V.
  • "The positive message me feel much better this morning.  Thanks, Peer Leaders!"  ~ Madalyn C.
  • "As a Peer Leader, writing the messages gave me a lot of satisfaction, but I wondered if it would really do any good.  After seeing everyone enjoy their good-morning wishes, I felt that great!" ~ Brittany K.
  • "The notes brought me good vibes."  ~ Kaden F.
  • "I think the little sticky notes on the lockers were sweet.  We all need more positivity." ~ Ethan M. 
  • "The notes were quite nice, and seeing them on the lockers made the hallways look physically brighter -- or was it the smiles on everyone's faces?" ~ Adam F.
  • "My message put me in a better mood." ~ Shelby L.
  • "I thought the messages on everybody's lockers were pretty amazing.  Someone took the time to actually hand-write each message, and they were all different.  They took the efforts to stick them on every locker.  It was really cool, and a nice thing to do.  I appreciate it."  ~ Nathan I.
  • "I was surprised to see the positive messages on the lockers.  It made me happy to see kindness and positivity in the school."  ~ Carlee S.
  • "I thought the locker messages were adorable; it really made my day!" ~ Krystal V. 

So there you go, Mrs. Pasterik and the Peer Leaders of LCCTC.  You did a GREAT job!  Even if you heard some negativity, they were said by a grumpy student who still had a smile on their face when they complained; you achieved your goal -- you made our little corner of the world a much better place.  

Thank you for making a difference in our lives.  

"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like moonbeams, and you will always look lovely." ~ Roald Dahl